Saturday, August 6, 2011

One Year...

So yesterday was official one year mark.. In many ways this was both a day of rejoicing and sadness. In one way it was great to look back and to feel like I've accomplished something in a year, but in another way It means my time as a missionary is going by way to fast. I have to say that in a year's time I've grown more spiritually, mentally, and emotionally then I have ever in my life. I feel like a totally different person. I've figured out the things that really matter most to me in my life. Another missionary did a post about her halfway point and I loved it, so I'll use her idea to fully express myself.

-1 year of many hard goodbyes and many wonderful hellos
-1 year of excitement, nerves, faith, love and determination
-1 year of searing Tennessee summers, and freezing winters
-1 year of waking up at 6:30 and getting in at 9:00
-1 year of relying completely on God
-1 year of much scripture study and prayer
-1 year of leaving old friends and making new ones
-1 year of listening to Mormon Tabernacle Choir
-1 year of ironing a shirt every morning
-1 year of finding myself by losing myself in this work

-1 year of teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ
-1 year of crazy southern food :)
-1 year of letter from family and friends... (SOMETIMES)
- 1 year of tears of both joy and sorrow
- 1 year of missing holiday traditions
- 1 year of being apart of the greatest work in the world!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment