Saturday, July 30, 2011

You live & learn...


Have you ever had a bad day.. your power goes out, the car won't start, your boss is in a bad mood, dinner burns.. you catch my drift! :) I want you to try something; the next time you run into any of these things... Simply tell yourself, "Come what may, and love it." I've figured out that in this crazy world, it's really all that we can do to stay happy. I've found things don't work out, people let us down, trials never end, and things bring heartache. I often ask myself though, what is to be done, how can I fix these things.. Well for me the way I over come those things is to simply focus on "The Things that Matter Most", and not the little things that bring me down.. My mom once told me, "When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change." Think of how this applies to your life, because it applies over and over again to mine. All of the sudden my outlook changes I begin to focus on "The Things that matter Most", and the little things that bother me suddenly turn into stepping stones instead of stumbling blocks and growth begins. In our moments of anguish remember, "Come what may, and Love it!" Another one of my favorite quotes reads, "Happiness is not getting what you want-it's wanting what you have." This is definitely easier said then done, as I strive to turn my attitude from a - "Glass half empty" to a "Glass half full" look on things. It seems life becomes more meaningful....

No comments:

Post a Comment