Tuesday, March 29, 2011

THE TAG!!!

So this picture describes me to the fullest and really shows to the world what I am!! I love this picture.
SO this is my missionary nametag!!  You might notice my name, “Elder Lund”. You might recall that Elder isn’t my first name (but it means someone who’s set apart to spread the gospel)... That’s not the point. It only says, “LUND”, this represents years and years of what my family has worked for, and what they have made that name become. I hope that makes sense. I don’t just wear, “Garrett” on my chest, I truly represent generations of wonderful people. I love my family more than anything else (CHECK OUT MY FAMILY POST).  I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I, in anyway, was to dishonor THEIR name. Your name should mean everything to you. It represents your values and who you are as a person.  I’m humbled greatly by my call to represent such a wonderful group of people!
Next, you’ll not just notice the name of the Church I represent, but most importantly, the name of the Savior, Jesus Christ. My family, this past week, sent me a few things and one of them was a cool card. On the front it has a picture of the Savior, Jesus Christ, and it says, “My Missionary Commission”. On the backside it reads, “I am called of God. My authority is above that of the kings of the earth. By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ. He is my Master and he has chosen me to represent him. To stand in his place, to say and do what he himself would say and do if he personally were ministering to the very people to whom he has sent me. My voice is his voice, and my acts are his acts; my words are his words and my doctrine his doctrine. My commission is to do what he wants done. To say what he wants said. To be a living modern witness in word and deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous latter-day work.”

No comments:

Post a Comment