Thursday, April 14, 2011

"We Miss you..."

 
William J. Tuttle
One of the greatest men I have ever known.


So a year ago, this week, my dear Grandfather passed away. It was such an intense day. I must say over the past year It has been such a transition, not just for me but for my wonderful Mom, my sweet Grandma, Charlene, and our amazing Tuttle Family.
I had the privilege of living just down the road from my Grandma & Grandpa Tuttle. He was such a great man and friend. We spent many hours together, and as a family. We would play card/board games, we spent many days at our family's cabin (The Tuttle Timeout), we worked together, he'd help me with my basketball skills and come to support me in my school & sport activites, he'd always be that listening ear, and so many more things. (We just spent a lot of time together. Haha) I grew to love him so much!



I learned so much from this wonderful man. He taught not only by his words, but by his example. He had a strong testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ, he knew how to work, and he never gave up in the hardest of times. His wisdom not only blessed me, but the other 31 Grandkids, 40+ Great-Grandkids, and all others that he left behind.



(When I started going through these pix it made me realize how wonderful this Tuttle Family is. I love you all, and miss you so much!!!) 


As members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, we stand firm in the knowledge that “Families are Forever”. On the Mormon.org websight, it states this about families, "Just as some of life’s sweetest joys can come through family associations, the loss of a beloved family member can be a source of our deepest sorrows. But death does not need to be the end of our relationships with cherished loved ones. The Lord revealed to the Prophet Joseph Smith that the “same sociality which exists among us here will exist among us there [in eternity], only it will be coupled with eternal glory” Family members who accept the Atonement of Jesus Christ and follow His example can be together forever through sacred ordinances performed in God’s holy temples. Jesus gave to Peter the power to have things sealed on earth and sealed in heaven . This same sealing power was restored to Joseph Smith. Mormon’s believe that they can be “sealed” or bound together through His power enabling them to live together in eternity."

I know I talk about my family so much, but it's because I LOVE mine more than anything in this world. They mean everything to me! I love my Grandpa so much and I hope that one day I might be the Father, Grandpa, and Friend that he was to me, my family, and his loved ones. I miss you Gramps and I really can't wait to see you again! 

My Family & I, with my Grandma Char. at the Tuttle's Timeout!

No comments:

Post a Comment