Thursday, April 28, 2011

WOW!! :)

I was always excited to go to the Holy Temple. When I was in my teenage years I was able to go the Manti Temple numerous times to do Baptisms for the Dead.  This had to be one of the greatest blessing. I have never in my life felt the Spirit of the Lord so strong, until I was within the temples walls.Then when I was a little older, I was able to go and recieve my Endowment in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. It was a very awesome experience!  One day... (in the distant future :)) I look forward to going to the Temple with my wife, to be sealed for time and all eternity together. Temples bring us so much joy, becuase they enable us to feel the Spirit of the Lord in our lives, and to be with the ones we love forever and always. :)

The following lyrics are from a Primary song and goes as followed:

 




I love to see the temple.
I’m going there someday









To feel the Holy Spirit,
To listen and to pray.



For the temple is a house of God,
A place of love and beauty.
I’ll prepare myself while I am young;
This is my sacred duty.



 I love to see the temple.
I’ll go inside someday.
 I’ll cov’nant with my Father;







I’ll promise to obey
For the temple is a holy place






 


 Where we are sealed together.
As a child of God, I’ve learned this truth:
A fam’ly is forever.


President Thomas S. Monson said this in the latest General Conference, "Why are so many willing to give so much in order to receive the blessings of the temple? Those who understand the eternal blessings which come from the temple know that no sacrifice is too great, no price too heavy, no struggle too difficult in order to receive those blessings. There are never too many miles to travel, too many obstacles to overcome, or too much discomfort to endure. They understand that the saving ordinances received in the temple that permit us to someday return to our Heavenly Father in an eternal family relationship and to be endowed with blessings and power from on high are worth every sacrifice and every effort."

2 comments:

  1. I love the temple, too! I remember going through the open house of the Jordan River and San Diego temples when I was younger and could not wait until I was old enough to go often. We just took our kids to the Atlanta Temple, and it was so cool to see their faces and know they felt the Spirit there.

    One of the greatest blessings we have had as parents is taking our kids 12 and older to the temple to perform Baptisms for the Dead. It is a very special blessing in my life to go to the temple often with my sweet husband, but also often with our teenagers. I think it is awesome that they are given that opportunity to serve in the temple beginning at age 12, to give them the strength to fight the battles they have being a youth these last days! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures, especially the Manti Temple :)

    ReplyDelete