Thursday, June 9, 2011

..... 13!!!!

 A picture of your favorite band or artist


So right now... I love listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir! As missionaries we only do things that invite the Holy Spirit. I must say that music is one of those things that invites it to be with us.
 I've really grown a love for the choir while on my mission. They have loads of songs that are sung beautifully, and even a few of those "Heart Hitters" (if you know what I mean). One of my favorites is "Where Love is". A few weeks ago I posted some of the lyrics on my facebook wall, but here are the rest of them. 

Where love is, there God is also.
Where love is, we want to be.
Guide us, his truths to follow;
Help us obey him faithfully.
Where love is, there God is also.
We think of him rev’rently.
Teach us to pray, to talk with him above
And know that he will guide us with his love.
The comfort of loving arms around us,
A song that makes us want to sing,
The happiness we feel when love has found us,
’Tis love we get when love we bring.
Where love is, there God is also.
And with him we want to be.
Show us the way and guide us tenderly
That we may dwell with him eternally

These lyrics are great! I hope that you feel the same great feeling reading them, that I did! In the For the Strength of Youth Pamphlet, it tell us this,

“Music is an important and powerful part of life. It can be an influence for good that helps you draw closer to Heavenly Father. However, it can also be used for wicked purposes. Unworthy music may seem harmless, but it can have evil effects on your mind and spirit.
“Choose carefully the music you listen to. Pay attention to how you feel when you are listening. Don’t listen to music that drives away the Spirit, encourages immorality, glorifies violence, uses foul or offensive language, or promotes Satanism or other evil practices”


No comments:

Post a Comment